Saturday, February 9, 2008

From the "I got one and you probably didn't," department...

I spent part of the afternoon at Natural 20 in Collinswood, NJ. I wasn't planning on buying much of anything. I was hoping to find a set of Dungeon Tiles (they had the entire set; I picked up the first set), but while I was glancing at the shelves, I saw a copy of this:



That's the copy of the role-playing rules for Warhammer 40K, Dark Heresy.

Did I get it because I've been addicted to the setting for years? Because I'm a hard-core Warhammer 40K fan?

Nope. Played 40K once or twice. Don't know a whole heck of a lot about the setting.

It's just so darn pretty.

I mean, just look at it.

Buncha bad-asses on the cover, holding guns, and looking...um...bad...

...and stuff...

Okay, okay...the truth is, my collector's instinct hit me. All the RPG's published by Black Industries are being discontinued. I've heard nothing but good things about the book, and it sounds like a great read. Plus, I already have a copy of the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game, so it feels good to know I have its "sister" product.

So, I'm happy with the purchase. I'm excited to read it (its next on my list, after a collection of Kurt Vonnegut short stories I'm enjoying right now).

No comments: