Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Book Shopping Saturday


It was a big weekend for gaming. On Saturday, I went down to Between Books in Delaware for a big book-shopping trip with a couple of friends. I haven't been there in five years or so, and was very much looking forward to the trip I usually find some hidden gems there. Last time I was there, I got some good books for historical weapons research. The time before that, I started my Traveler collection.

I picked up some beautiful books this time around. Here's a shot of most of my haul. I ended up with:
  • Chill. I haven't seen a copy of Chill in ages. Its a great horror RPG. Since I cut my teeth on Call of Cthulhu and Vampire: the Masquerade, I never really got a chance to experience Chill. I'm excited to crack this open and give it a try.
  • Move Under Ground was recommended by the store owner. It was pitched to me as "Keroac meets Cthulhu." I couldn't pass it up. Haven't gotten to open it yet.
  • The Tales of Inspector Legrasse: I got a copy autographed by the author. Its more tales of supernatural investigation. I've never been disappointed by C.J. Henderson, so I'm excited to get the chance to read this.
  • H.P. Lovecraft's Worlds of Cthulhu number 5. Its a magazine (kind of) devoted to CoC gaming. I have the previous four, and think they're fantastic. They're a great resource for Cthulhu gaming.
  • VS. Outlaws: This is just AWESOME. Its not even a gaming book; its just a fold-out pamphlet. Ronin Arts released it; they offer it on their website (and offer a discount if you buy multiple copies). Best three bucks I could spend.
And then, there were the dice. Just look at these babies.



Yeah, good book weekend.

No comments: